Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Livin' The Cendol Life, soon

Yesterday I started something they call Form 6. It's like this whole program where we have to wear white uniforms, study really really hard, get super chunted 4.0-all-As grade and make the cut for local universities. It's held in the school nearby my house. It all seems that way until..

Until I actually step into that accursed hall yesterday. There she was, all fashionable in her kebaya, Pn. Yip, the Form 6 administrator or something like that, who was running the show. Okok, to be fair, there was nothing much to be complaining or sucky about the first 2 hours. Went to recess after that,came back and met... her, or him. I don't know, even the teachers were confused, let alone we, although we knew pretty clear she was a she, but you know in true 'SS' fashion, we just play along.

They call her (En)Cik Hee. ( I'm serious they did, well the MC did which, in turn singlehandedly threw the whole orientation into a whirlpool of confusion. It was like watching a bunch of new recruits struggling to perform for MK, except this time they were teachers, but I digress. ) She is the newly produced prototype of the counseling department. Come equipped with the state-of-the-art functions such as enthusiasm, confidence(somewhat) and cannot-speak-english-properly, she were to be so kind to unleash her most unique function, The Kentucky FIND Chicken. I do not wish to go further on this because I think what is said so far is adequate food for thought.

Riding on the fever of the recent elections and the ever successful National Service program, they seem to scavenge and exhaust every single possibility to instill a sense of patriotism in the heart of every Malaysian. By some demonic force, they somehow stumbled on the thought that our orientation was a great chance to do the same, however this is just the conspiracy theory I cooked up in my head amidst all the bitterness and dulanness. Yet it wasn't the highlight of the day. Instead it was this sense of fear I had that I might just had taken the wrong step, by choosing Form 6. After school, we( me,sarah and Jal ) carried out our 'secret' plan to go all the way to Ming's house in Bukit Jalil just to cheer him up! Ladies and gentleman, Day 1.

Day 2,today, was probably the salvation I've been longing for, or rather a glimpse of it. It wasn't too shabby but still very shabby. They decided to spare us of their prized prototype today and it was to be a day full of talks. During our group discussion, in true 'SS' fashion, I was proposing a motion that we should try to make Form 6 like college, and that we should go for cendol every Friday after school as our escapism from "we are not going to spoon feed you anymore". Oddly enough, the highlight of today was the talk on MUET by Pn. Harbans Kaur, with a S, it's plural, got it memorized? As I was listening to her talk, this sense of excitement began to materialize and was running amok in my bloodstream. It sounds really fun, I hope it is. PN DOREEN!!!!

Either way, I'm glad Day 2 was Day 2 and Ming was Ming. Thanks to both of them, I began to realize that Form 6 isn't going to be that bad after all, and that concept art and what not is still within reach even after I'm through with it, if I still choose to do it. However for the moment, this shit is for real. I gave up my penganggur life for this shit and I'm definitely not planning to die constipated, no way Jose. Tomorrow is Day 3 and I think they are going to run us through another a round of tests with their prototype. Prayers and sedation are deeply appreciated, if any. I'll see you guys around another time, take care!

xoxoOXxoxXOx

No comments: