Monday, December 31, 2007

Friday Everyday

First of all, I think it's only right that I spend sometime to commemorate those who left for NS. No no, I'm not saying they will not come back or whatever, but this has a much more bigger meaning to it. NS is probably the best reflection of fate. However since I don't exactly comprehend the idea of fate, I rather use the term uncontrollable circumstances... get? Lol, okok seriously, why would I say that? Many of us know the crossroad that lies beyond school is more like a ginseng root than a forked road. But, this uncontrollable circumstances I talk about transcends these paths laid before us in the sense that it has to happen, however in actual meaning, they are just another straight road, or rather a long detour to the next ginseng root crossroad. Alas, NS would have been the best example if people like Cheng Hong didn't defer, making NS another crossroad, a choice, but of course most of us have a really good picture of fate without me pointing out here. Lol, but enough about that. I wish and pray for all my friends attending NS and hope they will have a great time and at the same time come back in one piece, now back to blogging.

With this post I attempt to fulfill 2 request, one by Ming and by Ka-Hui, which is to blog and to blog about my working experience at T.G.I Fridays respectively. Well let me start things off with a brief yet accurate summary of the whole TGIF working experience...

I WANT TO CUT OFF MY LEGS!!

No seriously, I really want to cause, its not exactly tiring BUT! Who la ask me so smart choose a TGIF that has 3 floors? Come to think about it, I think this might be the only one in Malaysia with more than 1 floor. But enough with that interesting-fact thingy, seriously its not as FUN as I would have thought, working in a restaurant and all. Our store happens to be the one that grosses the lowest revenue among all in Malaysia and the atmosphere there really reflects this fact. Atmosphere here doesn't refer to the managers or staff(which I will touch on later), no no not them, but more like the traffic of customers. By hearing stories from our managers, we are convinced that in other Fridays, the work till their socks go missing, seriously. But at our branch, we are quite blessed enough to be able to laze around and talk and get to go home early that kinda stuff. Oh well I suppose thats all there is to the bad side of working there at THIS BRANCH take note which is very important note to take. Its mostly slow and leg breaking due to the 3 floors.

But now I would like all of you to divert your attention to the good side of working here.

All of that would have been unbearable, seriously, I don't mind working my socks off which would be better cause I would just quit on the first day, but what makes me come back to work, or rather keeps me at work is the one and only, TGIF Section 14 CREW! That's right, the homosapiens that flips on the power switch every morning and night and cooks you that not so bad food lol. Seriously I have been so blessed to have such great colleagues, truly. And not just that, my bosses aren't half bad as well! In fact, I think they are possibly the best bosses I've had in my entire lifetime!(which is not really long but well...) Truly wonderful people, from the kitchen to the floor to the office, great people. And that really adds the colour to my life here at Fridays. I'm sorry but these sorta compliments need to be told "In-Your-Face" style so if I ever meet any of you, just make me stop complaining about work and start talking about the people there because truly I have so much "smile-material" stories to share. Since typing the sentence before this means I just ended the post, I shall elongate it further with what better things, pictures! and with captions to! Haha! So scroll with me people!
Photobucket
This is me and Rachel, one my colleagues. She is from China and is currently studying here.

Photobucket

Left to right : Nicole,Eva, Andrew, Chee Kong, Katrina and Rachel

Photobucket

Left to Right : Wai Meng, Balvinder, Andrew and Chee Kong

Photobucket

Here we have 2 of many burst boys, Balvinder and Andrew, renacting a scene from "The Godfather". Everyday wouldn't be Friday in Friday's without these 2 and many more.

Photobucket

Here is probably my most favourite picture so far. Though its not exactly a full group picture of the whole crew here at Friday's but this picture shows the diversity of the crew and a true testimony to how everyone there is so great.

Standing(left to right) : Chandra, Balvinder, Wai Meng and Sutha
Sitting(left to right) : Chee Kong and Andrew
Chilling(left to right) : Babu, Desmond, and I think his name is Shaka Khan, or we just call him "Shortcut"

Photobucket

And last but not least, here is a picture of my wonderful boss, Mr. James! He is also another burst bo-- i mean burst man lol because seriously he is such a fun and jolly fellow, only when you don't screw up! =P. The guy beside him is Vinod, another one of many who makes life at Fridays so enjoyable. I'm sorry to Daniel,Delilah and Mike(my other 3 mini-bosses) that I don't have your pictures, but just to let you all know, they are also very burst too! XD!

Haha yep! Hopefully this post has fulfilled your appetites of how Friday's is like. The crew at Friday's come from various backgrounds(not just nationality) and it really is so diverse. I'm not exaggerating that everyone knows everyone at Friday's and when we shout out ,

"TGI FRIDAY'S HOW DO YOU FEEL?"

everytime, we answer back ever so sincerely with the following in perfect unison,

"WE FEEL GOOD, OH WE FEEL SO GOOD, OH!"

because the F in Friday's stands for another meaning, Fellowship.

As I reach the end of the post, I can't help but reflect again on how things are slowly changing. Like how Ming touched on Then and Now in his last post, especially for most of us(the people my age) and those of you who have already gone through this stage of life or have yet to, it is truly a heart-breaking stage where we don't know if the "goodbyes" we say to each other would be our last or not. Making choices, coming up to these crossroads itself is an uncontrollable circumstance that each of us will eventually go through. What I really want to tell all of you and myself really is that

Don't regret anything

Live your life to the fullest(not taking drugs or hooking up with prostitutes and all that crap) but you all know what I mean. Though I do have my regrets and I'm sure all of you have yours too, but don't forget to look forward because life is full of surprises and God made it that way, in a good way. I'm not that blind to overlook the blessings He has given me these past few years and I'm truly thankful as they are my treasures. Treasure your treasures or Captain Jack Sparrow will come after them! Haha, POTONG!!!! =P. Well I have to stop my emo-ness at some point,right?

Oh well this is really the end now guys and gals. Before I go I wanna bid to all of you a Happy and Blessed New Year 2008! I would think twice about what to put on my New Year's Resolutions if I were you all! We won't wanna be procrastinators now would we =P. All the best to those starting college and leaving to elsewhere (you know who you are) and most importantly don't forget to come back! ='). ( you might get to eat TGIF with 50% discount!) Lol, alright, have a nice day and thank you for reading! Enjoy your visit at your one and only, Two and a Half Men blog!

No comments: