Thursday, December 20, 2007

Re: Safety of my house from the Half-man

WHERES THE JAL I KNOW IN THIS PIC?

Aww, that line made me cry Ming. That was cruel! How culd u! Lok u evn mde me splling n grmr bad!!

Haha, I'm right here Ming.

Sorry, for the long hiatus. Was trying to write about prom, that'll be the post after this. But on to more important issues, you.

To be or not to be a doctor? That is your question?

The answer is sometimes very simple. But what Cheeks covered is actually the gist of my advice as well. Passion and love. If you love doing something, continue on, by all means. You of all people should know that what I like to do I more often than not keep on going with it, things that I don't like or hate, I stop. Like physics. I think what one wants to do in the future, or plans to do should have everything to do about likes and dislikes. I sometimes feel frustrated when people say that "I want to become a (insert professional job here) because its a professional job and people will look up to you, I will have a safe life, not in debt etc." I get aggravated for the sole reason that person isn't doing what he/she likes to do. I think doing something you love even though you'll be looked down upon is noble.

That is why I have loads of respect for Inessa. She is confident in doing something she has fallen in love with even though going into performing arts in Malaysia isn't the most money making, professional job there is. But don't get me wrong, if your ideals are to earn money, help you parents out in the future, live in a big house and many cars, by all means, go for it. Because that is your passion.

But to get back to you Ming, like Cheeks said. If you have this urge to help people and earn a VERY decent living at the same time, go for it!

There is a quote which I truly, truly adore:


It's not talent that produces theatre. It's a monstrous hunger."
Yoshio Wada, Director, Rakutendan Theatre, Tokyo


I think the saying goes for everything in life. As long as you have this monstrous hunger in what you want to do you will achieve it.

So, Dear Ming,

Stay hungry. Just stay hungry.

PS: I absolutely LOVE the picture Cheeks posted up of you. It is totally, totally, smile production material.

No comments: