Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ask Cheeks

Dear Ming,

I understand how you feel about everything. School, friends, studying, work and life. I miss school, I'm gonna miss my friends, I'm going to resume studies soon and I despise work. However, let's not digress.

I think its brilliant that you pursue an ambition as a doctor. Its a very noble and sacrificial profession, but that is where you have to start to evaluate it. It's good that you identify your problems because that is how you are going to start to tackle them. I think working at Friday's here is turning out to be a great preliminary test for you before you get the real taste of being a doctor. Why do I say that? Simple. You're just only reached your second week of work and so many crap happen to you. Your planning totally screw up due to last minute changes, unexpected events, missed out on family trips and etc. Think about it, isn't this kind off like how you anticipated a doctor's life would be? I don't think this is mere coincidence. I think God placed you in a position where you could catch a glimpse of the path you chose to take by putting you in Friday's, at least that is what I think.

Secondly, after evaluating the scenarios that I mentioned above, take a look inside of you. People always say that you MUST LOVE what you do and I think its so true. Sure its hard and there is all that society's pessimism that tells you doing what you love is impossible but there is where you have to strive to pierce that pessimism. So ask yourself, do you have the passion for being a doctor? And really I have to say that would be the deciding factor. Is saving people, helping people, what you genuinely love to do? If yes then by all means go for it. I think it is important for you to make your decision base on this very criteria, it would make the difference between a happy or a miserable life. AND don't be afraid to try. If you're really not sure about it still even after all that, just give yourself time to try and continue researching about medicine and all that, and see if you would still have a passion for whatever that is you want to do.

Lastly, don't be afraid to fail. Lol, what the **** am I talking about? What I'm saying is that, if you decide that halfway through you hate being a doctor, don't hang yourself or whatever, pick yourself up and try other things. Think I'm talking rubbish? Yea maybe I am but like you say, people change in due time so there is always risk in every choice. What I'm saying is that don't worry, just heck it =P.

Well I suppose thats what I want to say about your dilemma on pursuing your career. If you want advice about other stuff.. Well, I won't know what to say really unless if you specify it then I might try. However, even if I can't get to you, someone can, and that is God. I'm talking about prayer. Whatever it is, wherever you are, whenever you want, just pray and ask for His guidance and advice. The answer might not come directly, or might not even come at all in a short period of time, but God hears you and He definitely will consider your request and put it in your schedule of life(unlike some other manager I know XD!). Haha, so don't worry about it. You could always turn to us but for someone you can always turn to PLUS will never let you down, turn to Jesus. Thats all for my cheer up post lol, now for a picture! I hope it turns that frown upside down or even get rid of some of those pimples! =P




No comments: