Monday, December 17, 2007

Good Moments Never Last

Prom night was seriously off the hooks. It was such a great night, seeing all the old taman-sea goers clad in formal gear. Everyone looked so glam and nice, I felt a little bit emotional seeing them all. We've come so far since Form 1. Everyone is so grown up already.

What really struck me that night was that I wouldn't be seeing most of these people anymore. Everyone has their own plans, futures to pursue, and dreams to fufill. All of us will no longer be stuck together in one place, complaining to get out. The irony of it makes me wonder about life itself.

Thats how it is isn't it? One moment we are thinking what to do when its over. Now we're all wondering what we could have done when the moment lasted. Keeping the memories alive in our minds is probably the least we could do. The good times shall never be forgotten, and may they be the base to newer and happier memories.

I guess the reason I'm being so emotional about this is because it didn't hit me that school is out until now. There will be no going back from this point onwards. I can't believe I'm saying this, but: I miss school so much. I miss the teachers, the company, the whole works. Nothing else could be the same ever again. Some things in life just can't be duplicated.

School has helped all of us grow into the people we are now. We have the teachers and the friends we met to thank for that. All of us might meet new friends and have new good moments.
But one thing stays true forever. Good moments never last long.

So enjoy them while you can. Before you know it, we'll all be 50 talking about our sex lives as if it we were discussing what to have for dinner. It'll no longer be a weird thing to discuss because of the age.
Jeez, the idea gives me the creeps. If only we could freeeze time to all those unforgettable moments. That way I can remember who I used to be clearly.

"It is the blessing of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them"
-Ralph Walds Emerson-

No comments: