Sunday, December 16, 2007

T.G.I Off-Day

Hello world, after almost a week's absence, I'll be the first one to post about the, Hollywood Night,SMK Taman S.E.A's Prom Night 2007. I bet the other 1 and a half would too so do take your time to browse through each when they do post up their own, but for now this is my bit.

Well to say the least, today was a very eye opening day. I got to experience, for the first time in my life, the stress of.. dressing up for a party! The occasion being Prom night didn't seem to help much but yea I got a taste of it. First off was of course looking for the right clothes. I thank Sarah and Estee for that but not to mention the two wonderful ladies in my household as well for helping me out to pick out something for prom. I had a few that I like but there were many taboos, colour don't match and all that so in the end I went with black slacks,very dark blue coat(courtesy of Sarah) and a thin striped shirt(courtesy of Estee), well actually its was borrowed from both of their brothers haha but they were the one who got it for me nonetheless.

Well halfway trying out the clothes I felt something odd, something was out. I scanned from top to bottom at the mirror,and at that moment I developed a dilemma, my hair was hideous. So I insisted to follow Sarah, Estee, Florence, Wen Yi and Ming to Kimarie this morning and got my hair done. I had my hair done before but that was just cutting and all, this time its different because my mom wasn't there to help me, though I told the gals that if I put up my hand it would mean that it is a distress signal for help. Haha but thankfully I was reluctant to lift up my hand and just went with "Trial and Error lah" though Ming didn't help by saying, "Once style edi that's it, it will stay like that cannot change". Thanks Ming,really. Lol but all in all it wasn't bad. It was quite good actually. Got a hairstyle I'm comfortable with,experienced my hair being washed by a hairstylist and all, pretty eye opening haha. But it's all good. Oh I forgot to mention, at 2 o' clock, I was walking around SS2 waiting for them, when my phone ringed and it was Su Faye who was calling. It was really unexpected but of course I did not know what was it about. It turns out that their MC of the night had pulled out suddenly and Su Faye called me up as backup. Well... yea that was how I ended up being MC. Well I really wanted to do it, which I bugged Jessica about it, but I didn't expect that I'll get the role so late, so the only regret is that I wished that I had more time to prepare. Everything was so last minute but I suppose many people was kind and told me I did great, so thanks to all you and sorry to whomever I offended tonight, especially Ee Ling and Sam, I apologize for going overboard.

But enough about that, more about PROM itself now haha. All in all I consider it as a good prom. No I'm not being generous here, but seriously, if I had been a regular attendee not doing MC, I think I would give an even better rating. It's just that being MC really potong a lot of steam so forgive me for not commenting on the food and all because the reason is simply that.. I had no time to eat,anything. But anyway, I think enjoyed the night. All the performances were mainly breakdancing, while only Siew Haur's band,Jit Yang and Ka Hui and Sam's performance that was different. Entertainment was not mediocre to say the least but again I couldn't just sit down properly to enjoy anything, but it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy myself as MC. I loved it and I really hope I didn't spoil the night for anyone. The crowd responded pretty well to me so I'm thankful for that but again I wanna apologize for any mishaps. We had Jit Yang's video which was potonged steam cause there was no audio,dumbo. Then we had the inaugural Prom King and Queen selections which they started off by pairing up with the male fitting the shoe they chose which randomly determined their pairs, then we had catwalk and also lap dancing. All in all it was all good. Of course all of you wanna know who won right? I'll list down the awards below :

Prom King : Thanendran
Prom Queen : Yin Ee Ling
Best Dressed(Male) : Akmal
Best Dressed(Female) : Jan Ming

After everything it was open dance floor where I can say everyone let loosed, including myself but only slightly haha, quite introverted but I was happy that everyone was having fun, Chee Yeong especially, lovely fellow, sporting as well. After the whole thing, me, Flo, Ming and Jal went over to Starbucks for a drink and after that we met up with Sarah they all and went home. It was a great day, very nice. Sad but nonetheless memorable for me, like I said due to so many first times haha, great stuff.

Haha, not only that, today is the first off-day I got on my job at Friday's in section 14 for most of you that don't know. Me and Ming are working there and really no joke, it is very tiring. Somehow its just so different but it isn't bad because I have great co-workers though the managers have mood swings but they are also good on good days so to say haha. All in all great day today. I'm kinda sad that some weren't there but they shouldn't worry too much about it. Alright, I think that would be enough for tonight because its seriously very late and I've got work tomorrow! Oh goodness so dreadful, plus I'm working the Swing shift, which is from 12 to 10, and I'm missing the Arsenal-Chelsea,Man Utd-Liverpool games! Argh! Sacrifice, sacrifice. Oh well, before I leave, I'll just leave you all a picture that pretty sums up working at Friday's and after prom. Have a good day and thanks for reading!



P.S : Again I'm so sorry that I don't have pictures on Prom but I promise that I'll post them up when I get them, plus I want everyone to witness my journey today XD! Just joking but seriously I'll get the pictures, the others would too so stay tuned!


No comments: