Monday, December 24, 2007

Faces from the Jungle

In my living room, I have a wall devoted to the visual history of my family. They make me think of notches in a belt or scratches on a prison wall - proof that time has passed, and all of us have not been only swimming in a dream. So, my blog post this time will be all about photos.

A photo says, You were so important to me that I had to catch your face before anything else happens. So to all the faces whom I'm about to show you, I love all of you so much that your faces are like pieces of trophies to me. They might become paler in shine as time passes, but I won't forget to polish these trophies when I don't see them anymore.


It doesn't take much explaining after these two pictures to know why going to camp is such a life-changing experience. It's one thing to see pictures, watch Discovery Channel and admire the beauty of the jungle. And its a whole other thing to see the jungle for yourself. Is it as good as you expected?

Nope, : its everything you expected and so much more.



Who said canned food is the only option in a camp? Heres photos of the combined effort of all the campers. Probably the tastiest all of us has ever eaten. Not because it was so delicious, but because we did it together in a jungle. That probably added more flavour than Ajinamoto ever will.

"Wait" I said.
"What" she said.
"Huh" another she said.
"Oh I just had to shit, the feeling's gone now"

"Oh My Goo-d-n-ess, Yong Ming you are so UGLY"

-a quote off the daily chat of these three friends.



When you're in a city, Fire is hardly something all that important. People cook with electric stoves, electric kettles, electric whatchamacallits. In camp, fire is the whatchamacallit. Without it, the bugs come, the night feels like the Artic, I don't see any further than Huey Ee's face whose 10 cm away from me (except Hui Xian's jacket which glows a little), and everyone feels totally claustophobic- like a blanket of darkness has confined you. What I'm trying to say is, fire is underrated of its importance. Camp has taught me this.




Okay, this picture say so much more than you'll ever know. Thats Florence and her gang trying to sing I'm A Slave 4 U, which came out totally wrong from these people I tell you. Somehow, they managed to make I'm a Slave 4 U sound not slutty. Which is quite odd, if you think about it. I mean, how can a song with that kinda of title not sound slutty when sung? Sorry guys, but your singing was that bad~!






And heres Seck Houng and his group singing Gimme More. It was so hilarious. Seck Houng actually counted the amount of Gimme Mores there is in the song.

" WHAT this song got soo many gimme more? sommore times 3 ar the chorus! Walao"

Haha, Seck Houng these moments of yours are priceless. Look how Kevin is lauging at you!





And the final picture is probably the best done act of the whole night. Alwin, Hui Xian, Kitt Lei and Wee Kiat! Well, actually they didnt even get the Candy Shop song tuned right. They just spoke all the lyrics. Which is... ahem. If you've read the Candy Shop lyrics before, you'll know what I'm harping about. Its sick, and we heard every word of it from the voices of Alwin's gang. Nuff' said.








Two thousand years ago the night sky looked completely different,so when you get right down to it, the Greek conceptions of star signs as related to birth dates are grossly inaccurate for today's day and age. Its called the Line of Procesion : back then the Sun didn't set in Taurus, but in Gemini. A September 24th birthday didn't mean you were Libra, but a Virgo. And there was a thirtieenth zodiac constellation, Opchiuchus the Serpent Bearer, which rose between Sagittarius and Scorpio for only four days.


The reason it's all off kilter? The earth's axis wobbles gradually. Life isn't nearly as stable as we want it to be. And I might lose all of you with time, but I believe friendship is something that lives on in the heart despite not seeing each other again.


Even if the Earth itself is wobbling.
What do you think you "two other" men?

No comments: