Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Choices... If only they didn't exist

Jal, when are you going to start blogging again? You're really a bitch la I tell you. I better see like 5 million blog posts before you leave for NS. I want something to read everyday in the time you're gone. I am NOT kidding.

Anyway, today at work during my break, I went to University bookstore. You know the one that Pn. Harminder told us about in Lit class ages ago? Point is, the store was fantastic! It stocked all sorts of foreign textbooks for tertiary education and private schools. (GCE A-levels, SAM, blah blah you get me right?)

I haven't felt that much excitement and enthusiasm flowing through me since like.... god knows when. You know lar, how I get when it comes to new books, especially those in pretty covers.

So I was reading a few Chem and Bio books (honestly I was just browsing ok?) and then it hit me, how much I miss studying. I miss stressing about exams, studying new theories and all. Work is just so dull compared to studying. Sigh, can't wait to get back to school again.

Then when break was over, I came back and had a nice chat with my colleague at the front door. Her name's Shamini. Anyway she asked was my ambition to become a doctor? And I was like, "What the hell? You read minds or what?". She really took me by surprise as nobody ever said something like that to me before, so I asked her why. Then she said I just looked like a doctor.

... How exactly does a doctor look like? I mean, I'm not complaining. I'm gunning at medicine anyway, might as well get the look down. At least to some people I LOOK like a doctor.

So it all added up. Her comment, all those books, it really made me wonder and reconsidered my plan. Is the choice I'm about to make really right for me? I mean, will being a doctor have the same feeling working as a desk boy for Fridays? Probably not, but I'm sure some of the principles would have similarities. What if I didn't like the non-flexible hours? Sigh, this is so confusing.

You both are supposed to be helping out in my life here. You bitches better post something useful to cheer me up. With the packed timetable and all this thinking going on, I could really use some advice. I'm all ears.

Really, if only choices didn't exist. Life would not be as fun of course, but it will be less complicated.

signed, grumpy ming

No comments: