Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cooolourful

The best advice: There are many rules on what you must do to write a good book.
None of them is right.

The worst advice: Any advice that starts with, "You must . . . " For example: "You must write everyday. You must start with a complete outline. You must know your characters intimately before putting pen to paper. If I had to do each of these, I would never have written a word of fiction.

I tend to do everything backwards: I write the outline after I've written the book. I know my characters intimately after I've written the book. And I write everyday, not necessarily by actual writing, but by reading constantly and thinking about my ideas and coming up with new ones, even when I'm not actually writing. However you can get yourself to write is the best way to write.

Good advice eh? I stumbled upon this while I was google-ing.
I have decided to call him Daniel you guys ;D
Thats a start righhttt???
Hehe. xoxo

No comments: