Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Week 2 & 3

As I write this, its late; at 0032 hours. A good sign actually. These two weeks have passed like a bowel movement after 2 bottles of laxatives. That quickly.

The activities have increased in terms of number and number of hours. We have talks, lectures, marching, TTS (Tempur Tanpa Senjata) etc.

Most of them, especially CB (Character Building) class is a terrible, terrible bore. But you try to make the best of it. But sometimes you just go "where the F**k is the silver lining"

Most of the time it's because of the trainees' behaviour. Many don't take things seriously, they play around, don't pay attention. It annoys the heck out of me. But maybe I'M the one who needs change.

Note to self and future NS-ers : Don't take class seriously.

Still sticking to the topic of the people here. There are many nice people, but there are those rotten ones that will make even Pn. Molly suffer a sore throat due to excessive "Rotten!" shouting.

These bad eggs are hard to write and explain. Their mentality differ greatly to what I am used to. To give you examples is a hard task for it's extremely hard to grasp what exactly they do that annoys the heck out of me. Maybe its the "don't take things seriously" attitude or the immaturity these 18 year olds possess. I don't know. But these rotten people are REALLY frustrating.

The good guys are my type of people. They respect you, they don't play a fool when things need to be done, yet they are jokers all the same.

There was a clash between these two groups of rotten and un-rotten people.

There was a fight. It involved two gangs of rotten people whilst the un-rotten people watched and disapproved of such actions.

The fight took place in my dorm. I don't know who started it or why did it happen. There were weapons in the form of metal and wooden sticks involved. I was only a few feet away, on my bed, witnessing the whole ordeal. No one got seriously hurt, but that was only because law and order in the form of the NS trainers stormed in, one brandishing an army knife. They stopped the fight and both gangs got punished and soon it became old news.

The trainers are really cool people though. They crack jokes, have a few laughs with us, but when it comes time for serious work, don't mess with them.

My type of people.

There's this police guy, he's a trainer here, Mohd Noor who is my favourite trainer. He's still in PDRM unlike majority of the other trainers are ex-army/police. He's the one that has authority to bring a culprit "downtown". This is very assuring. He has actually managed three cases already here at camp. One theft and two bully cases.

Great guy. He's funny when he wants to be. which is very often but he's also very no-nonsense type of guy. He goes straight to the point, not long winded and very precise in getting his words across. I salute him.

It's seriously getting late. I'll end by just saying to all readers out there and of course my other one and a half that everything is fine and great. Starting to enjoy NS and don't worry...every lil' thing's gonna be alright.

TTFN.

No comments: