Thursday, January 24, 2008

He "Pop-ed" Dead

Just one day ago I woke up at 6.30am to go to work.

6.30 friggin' AM.

So I guess you can sort off picture how I looked like. But thats besides the point. So I was like some mindless zombie skulking into the car. Switched on the radio and air-conditioning while my dad drove.

Suddenly JJ and Rudy on Hitz.fm announces that they have some form of Hollywood Scandal and will tell us after a song. It hit me like lightning. My eyes pop-ed open and I was suddenly excited.

I mean, who had sex with who and who this time now?? You know how its like with these Hollywood stars. And it didn't help that they chose to play Britney's "Pieces of Me", which is so provocative, it makes any scandal sound soo much more scandalous than it really is.

When the song rolled to an end, they announced the news.

"HEATH LEDGER FOUND DEAD ON RESIDENT HOME"

It didn't hit me for like 5 Seconds. First my mind had to find out who the heck Heath Ledger is to begin with, before I start hyperventillating. The name sounded so familliar I was so frustrated that I didn't know who he was on the spot. Then, it struck me.

Hes that BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN GUY, the one I was just reading about on Lisa's blog the night before. The guy who kissed Jake Gyllenhaal!! Who won an Emmy/Academy Award for playing a gay on TV!!

After that I was like "WHAT THE F*CCCCKKK", How did he die???". Was he raped to death by raging homosexuals?

But NOOOOO, of all things, he had to die of drug overdose.

So me being me, started screaming in the car saying "I can't believe it, I can't believe it!"
But my dad hushed me on the spot because he doesn't like people screaming in the car and he doesn't know who Heath Ledger is. So I pulled out my cell and did the most sensible thing.

I sms-ed Lisa to tell her the whole ordeal. I had to tell someone. I felt obliged to. The inner gossip bitch in me is telling me to SMS someone.

That was pretty much it, sigh.. why did the stupid chao ah pek take soo much sleeping pills? I can already imagine what the tabloids will say about his death. He'll have no peace at all despite being dead.

It'll be like that fight in Jal's dorm. Two groups of brainless people fighting over a dumb, unknown cause. The analogy is, opposing tabloids will try to guess the story behind his death, end up trying to sell more papers than the other tabloid, and make up zillions of lies dogging his death. Whos to blame them though? Heath Ledger just had to "pop-ed dead" after starring in a worldwide gay hit.

Anyhoo, all of us should just have a moment of silence for this guy. In the midst of all the scandal, he was nonetheless a world class actor. And the death of a world class actor deserves a moment of silence from anyone, including those who have no idea who he is. (yes ka hui, I mean you)

Maybe I should stop auto-repeat-track for Christina Aguilera's Beautiful. Its clearly making me more emotional than usual.

Toodles~

No comments: