Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Almost

Haih....

Fell sick yesterday. Soar throat, fever bla bla bla. It was really terrible in the morning to the point I couldn't swallow my own saliva though the fever was not so bad. So I was really contemplating whether to go work or not. It was when I was taking a crap that I told myself,

"Come on Chee Kong, you're not dead yet, Mr. James won't accept your M.C."

So feeling slightly encourage by my determination to slave at Friday's, I pushed myself to go to work. I should really get a pay rise for that.

Well the fact that it was a slow day, yet again at Friday's didn't help. Tried to act all bubbly and cheerful and cool but there is only so much that wearing a green Poporing hat can do. I was struggling from 2pm onwards. Felt literally like a Poporing (Poporing = Jelly like creature, for those who don't know). However, in between I had a nice chat with Mr. James and he promised to help me to get into the kitchen! (by this I mean being a member of the kitchen staff). So thats one good news. He originally wanted to try to put me as Bartender but the call of the kitchen seems more attractive though I know what is in stored for me isn't exactly First Class tickets to Hawaii. Then again I'll be able to learn to cook! Yippee!

Somehow the adrenaline and endorphines secreted from that conversation didn't last long enough for me to bear the jelly-ness of my body. I opted for an earlier break. So I went to sleep upstairs while I ask Ming to help me get my lunch. Then my colleagues become super caring and start asking me to pop Panadol pills. Desmond even brought 4 pills for me (Maybe I should have taken all of em'). Then slept for a bit.

Dinner was ok. Yesterday's weather in my opinion was weird cause it didn't exactly rain heavily but instead it drizzled for quite some time. That might have explained the sudden flood of customers after 8pm. I was so ready to hear the sweet words of my manager to allow me to leave early but boom, my worst enemies enter the restaurant, customers.

Well went back at 10pm (this was the first time that I ever went back home earlier than Ming) did some things and tried to go to sleep. Then I noticed my body temperature rose and I was as if baking in an oven. Tried to doze off a couple of times but can't. Then woke up to watch the Arsenal game. Haih.. almost, almost.

Well yea thats it. More like an entry for a diary or something XD, but just wanted to keep the blog moving. Alright, till next time then!

No comments: