Monday, January 21, 2008

Ask Cheeks 2

YAY!! Finally I have a chance to do a sequel to Ask Cheeks.. Ask Cheeks 2! XD.. Sorry for the burst intro. Okok serious now. Back to the topic! MING I'M HERE TO HELP!! TENG TENG TENG!!!

Well Ming, honestly I'm really sorry to hear about what happened. I know you were all excited and this had to happen.

However, the phrase giving up is a phrase that I feel that you are using too early. Basically what I'm trying to say is.. Cheer up! Not ALL hope is lost. Then again, I think it's a good thing that this has happened to you.

Why do I say that? Its because you're resolve is being challenged, and how blessed of you that you are getting challenged NOW instead getting challenged halfway doing your medical degree. It saves you the pain of regretting later than now. I think this is truly a blessing in disguise for you.

I know how you feel about your resolve being not as strong as you thought it was, though I can't really describe it in words, I understand, truly. But Ming, you shouldn't feel so hard done by. I think its unfair that YOU blame life, think about it, what does life OWE you? Instead I urge you to stay strong because this incident will either break your resolve or make it even stronger. Put more effort into thinking about it again and I believe whatever decision you make under these circumstances won't be one that you would regret, I can't say for 100% certain but I do have hope that you won't. I know that doesn't really what you want to hear but its reality, again.

On the other hand, the way I look at it, you still have plenty of options for yourself. If after thinking about it and doing medicine is what you really want and is passionate about, what is wrong about doing Form 6? I'm not being selfish because I want an extra companion with me in Form 6 but I don't think its truly THAT bad. What Form 6 is is that its a risk. I know friends aren't exactly to approve of their friends taking risks but if its what you want, you'll be hungry to achieve it, in a good way. Plus, from what I heard, Form 6 is quite well recognized which I'm sure you know and I believe local U's aren't the ONLY option like how college counselors put it. Form 6 opens you up to a lot of private and overseas U's as well,but of course there is still the problem of expenses. But think about it, you can already save at least RM 20,000 by going for Form 6 and in that 1 and a half year maybe you'll find yourself being able afford it more, or you can always opt for scholarships. I think there is A LOT of options for you either way, but since your parents has come clean with you about their situation, I suggest you think about the possibilities of Form 6. Don't just think that Form 6 equals to local U, but also the other possibilities. If Form 6 is ALL bad, then I don't think it is even fit to be an option. Its a risk, but it might also turn out to be a detour, don't forget Ming, life is full of surprises as well! =)

However, if you find yourself considering another ambition after this, don't be sad or anything. Like I said it is a blessing in disguise. Give it more thought, because there is still time for you to change and decide what you REALLY want.

I hope that not just Ming but everyone who reads this and is in this stage of life should really really give in a lot of effort thinking about your future. As you can see, Ming's biggest fear is regret and it should be everyone's fear as well. For those of you that are taking pre-U programs, you still have time to decide. For those who are doing foundation programs, I hope you stay true to your resolve and challenge it while you still can before you take a step too far till the point that its nearly impossible for you to turn around.

Well Ming, I hope you'll sort things out properly with yourself and your parents. Again, cheer up! I'm not exactly the best example for the best advice but you can always choose to open options for yourself. Just so you know, nothing is ever easy, nothing will be no matter what you choose, that's why choose wisely, choose what your passionate about, choose what you love. Before I end this post, I'll post a piece that I did recently that I hope might be able to inspire you a bit or if not at least its something nice to look at? Hehe =P! All the best Ming and God bless! And to everyone else, God bless you too and thanks for reading!


No comments: