Monday, January 7, 2008

Rain and Smiles

It rains so badly at my place everyday around 5pm. It could have rained earlier when there was nothing to watch on Astro or anyone to chat with online.

But NOO... it has to rain when I'm in the middle of a stimulating coversation with Estee.

Bloody f**k
Opps, scratch that. I promised not to swear online.

Worst still, this rain comes fully equipped with lightning bolts and earth-shattering thunder. So every five minutes it feels as if Zeus sneezed and let go one of his bolts by accident.

"HAAA CHOOOO" Just look at the idiot and his bolts, shouldn't he be old enough to at least know not to hold those deadly things when people enjoy talking behind his back so much?

"HAAA CHOO" "KABOOM"

...... see what I mean?

Then, the power fuse trips and the electricity goes off. My dad will then refuse to switch the power back on. He claims that if we turn it back on, the fuse will trip in a matter of 5 minutes or less.

"But it's so hot" I whine. So my rebellious mom and I decides to switch it back on ourselves. Five minutes later everything was still fine. Mum and I were so smug we laughed and teased Dad for being a paranoid freak.


Sigh, but on the sixth minute..



"..." the fius tripped again.


We sat in darkness for half and hour after that with lighted candles, the only visible smile coming from my dad.
He is so bad sometimes, but it did make me laugh in the end.

PS: Why can't the lightning at least be as pretty as the one from the picture?

No comments: