Tuesday, October 7, 2008

don't believe in living normal

As i was strolling along the tight, stuffed, smelly, crowded, and noisy hallway of Taylors today; I came to a sudden, abrupt realisation. i found myself (contrary to my own believes) judging the many faces i see pass me sub-conciously. i didn't give it much thought, until later in the library when i was listening to some music and trying to catch up on some work.

to my horror i couldn't concentrate.

deciding this was going to bother me all day until i paid ample attention to it first, i set aside the chemistry textbooks and let my mind scrutinize at will. An observation i drew from this exercise, was that my eyes immediately pointed out the "ugly" people first.

deciding again that, that wasn't fair,
i gave these people another squint.
was then i realised there weren't so ugly after all, especially after seeing them casually converse with their own friends.
i picked another specimen

i checked out (for lack of a better word) the better looking people.

first glance, nice but look away quickly.
second glance, wait a minute; their noses are kind of big.
prolonged second glance later, you start to notice they don't stand out as much anymore as previous said "ugly" people. at this point i stopped and ponder.

i noticed this strange phenomenon i never noticed before, then i drew my conclusion on a sheet of paper in my journal based on my observations.
-my eyes didn't pick up the good-looking people it seems, they picked up the confident and happy people first and classified them as good-looking. this, i realise was how i judged beauty.

I don't know about you two, but beautiful to me only comes after knowing the person. srsly.
take for example Serena (aka. Blake Lively), i didn't think she was all that when i was first introduced to GG (Flo can be my witness), but come season 2 (after knowing her confident and carefree self) i think she is absolutely drop dead gorgeous and i love everything she wears and everything about her.

my point being, ugly or not, it is your option to stand out,
confidence is equivalent to being smashing.
which brings back to my title ; I don't believe in living normal.
I live spectacularly.
xx
now i can go back to chemistry.
why am i blogging all this?
because i know you love hearing that you're beautifool in some way or another.

s'kay, who doesn't like reading that? ;)
you narcissictic little bitches.

inspired by,
well if you wanna get free
and if you wanna do the passionate thing
and if you wanna get smart for the sake of your heart
and oh you should own your name and stand up tall
and get real and
see the beauty in ugly
- the beauty in ugly, Jason Mraz

No comments: