Saturday, August 16, 2008

Finale



God's been real gracious this week. Lets start with the Olympics! Although not as good looking as most Iranian and Israeli athletes, our very own Lee Chong Wei is in de finale of de Olympics badminton event. Ahaha so happy. After seeing our doubles pair and women's singles fall short, it was though there was no hope left but with grace he is in the finals!

Now he's in the perfect position. If by some chance he would stumble upon me for advice, I would tell him to squeeze out the last drop of fun out of the finals because he has nothing to lose now. Though pressure is definitely on his shoulders, I think thats the best approach he should take. Its the finals of the Olympics la come on! No critic or politician should ever screw it up for him(maybe some bad line calls by the linesmen, but like how my mom always says it, "Mei you ke neng de. Yi ting cze liao chien"). Malaysia Boleh!


Gotta' watch out for those.


Whilst my fellow countrymen is going to face the gigantic Chinese and his similarly colossal home crowd, I on the other hand have my own finale awaiting me as well. Me and my teammates aka. Beruk-Watteau, got through to the finals of our Uni's charade competition by beating the other team that was from our same class 32-27. It was less fun time around as I was more serious and less nonsense was coming out from my mouth but like how I would advice my korkor Lee, I'mma enjoy every bit of going against the much coveted Science stream students.

To those of you who were wondering what ever happened to this year's Taman S.E.A.'s drama team, just for those who don't already know, they will be heading to the Wilayah Persekutuan of Labuan in two weeks time for yet another finale, which is the National English Drama Competition for Secondary Schools. The team got somehow an unfavourable draw as they are pitted together with the defending champions Sabah and the runner-up Sarawak in the same half for their preliminary round.

That leaves little room for error if they are hoping to get into the deciding round as one of the top 3 from their half. Just for your information, some of the top drama teams are the Sabahans, Sarawakians and the K.L.-ites due very much to their good articulation by being some what more English orientated regions. However in other areas they might not seem so strong (I apologize for some bias bits there). But anyhoo the pressure is definitely on, plus even though the competition has been postponed, it is in doubt if Jal can accompany the team to the competition in Labuan and that might prove to be a loss.

Nevertheless, the three Mamas will be able to hold their own really well and the same goes to the team, enjoy every bit of it! Oh yea 1 more thing, "EH SAI!"

Going back to school yesterday, Pn. Doreen aka. Mama D presented me with a surprise;


No Huey-Ee thats not another syiok sendiri thing I did for myself. That is an actual shirt that Pn. Doreen got for me and Jal. And yes, the words 'Drama Coach' was done on her request as well. On behalf of me and Jal, I would love to extend our deepest appreciation for the shirt but not only that, we(the team of 2007) would love to thank the three Mamas for all that was, '3 Feet Under'.

"EH SAI!"

3 finales going into the later half of the month of August. Man life's exciting again. Thank YOU! I'll catch you all soon as I cap off the post with some what an ingenious quote by Ming Ming;

"Eh guys, bird park got birds one r?" - Ming

No comments: