Saturday, April 26, 2008

Typing is Such Sweet Sorrow

Microsoft Word (will be known as MW from now on) confuses the heck out of me. And it gets really frustrating.

Or maybe it's because I'm too afraid or too lazy or too no-balls attitude to learn.

I mean Bill Gates' team did not; I repeat DID NOT make things easy for us MW users.

At one point you might think you're happy merrily typing away, without a care in the world; not bothering about the other programs like Excel and Notepad. None of those programs seem to bother you in your current blissful typing experience with MW.

And boom.

It crashes. It gets confusing. It gets frustrating. And the worst part is you know it's not MW's fault. But your very own.

What you type goes blank. You try to backspace nothing gets erased. You try to continue typing but when you type "A"--"Z" comes out instead. Instead of bold-ing and italic-ing; a graph comes out representing the time wasted on fixing your assignment against the unnecessary stress you are causing yourself.

It's frustrating. And it's not MW's fault.

It's mine. I mean MW should be easy to use right? I've been using the program for so long. I should know the programming inside out. But I don't; nobody knows. It's a mystery to mankind but probably not for Bill Gates.

And now I'm emo.

My letter for my scholarship applications have gone awry. Instead of being a debater; I'm now a Power Ranger. Instead of having a passion for theatre; I now have a passion for leather.

As much as I think MW is better off without me silently swearing at it's blank white pages and god-forsaken toolbars with Times New Roman secretly meaning "Na~na~na~na~na"

You just can't leave MW. I personally know some people who can't leave and so far only one has left--that guy is no friend of mine. All of MY friends are hook on MW. We can't leave for the boxiness of Excel or the page-less Notepad. We just can't.

Thats why I keep coming back I wrote this post in MW and get this: FOR MW as well.

Well here's to you! You confuse and frustrate me MW but I love you.

PS: Stupid MW. It made me retype this post 4 times.

No comments: