Monday, March 3, 2008

Balloon Arch and Goalie Milo

Hi all! Its great to be back. I wasn't exactly gone but, you know what I mean lol. But just a quick comment before I start with the post, Ming, I think you should be more considerate for other people's imaginations by not talking about your cat's whore stories, well at least it affected me... slightly. Heh? =P!

Alright, here we go!

Today was quite a event packed day. Other than work (duh!), we had a party for Lisa! And guess what? It was a SURPRISE party! WowWwWw~~~! Lol, please forgive me for my syiok-sendiri-ness. But you gotta understand, I didn't get to witness it! Well at least not the main event. I went early with Ming cause we wanted to do a balloon arch (a little something we learned at Friday's) for Lisa. Well it is quite a big thing, not to mention fabolous! Haha so we had to went early to do it and we manage to pull it off. Not the best balloon arch in the world, but I suppose it sufficed, if only those wretched cina-made balloons didn't pop! But I had already expected some balloons to pop anyway, no biggie. It still looked like one at least, so it achieved its purpose! After we just continued with minor decor and I tak-malu-ingly took 3 slices of pizza and ate it before anybody did or even before the party even started. Well mainly is because I had to leave. So I did what I could and left for work. I hope Lisa you had a blast! Happy birthday! And of course I hope everyone else enjoyed themselves as well. I was kinda depressed I couldn't stay but well work is work and at least I helped out so it wasn't too bad.

Work was slow, nothing much. If it wasn't for the Liverpool game, I doubt anyone would come. Plus it had rained and was raining, so as my boss Mr. James curses the weather and Ryan Babel, I rejoiced in bliss while I sip my glass of hot water.

But after work was the real highlight! I went for futsal! At 1am! Wow again! Lol, this is probably the first time I've used so many exclamation (!) marks in any of my posts or even essay writing back in school days. It was ok. I wouldn't say it was super chun, mainly because my attempt at trying to act all pro and cool failed, and also I didn't know these guys (my colleagues) THAT well. I felt comfortable and I knew I could trust them, but I still felt vary and slightly insecure, but I suppose its normal? I hope. But in spite of my failure at acting, my eyes were opened to some very fine futsal players, namely Berry and abang Edy! Berry had really good feet and he could string a move together pretty well. But my man of the match goes to Edy hands down. Dubbed "Goalie Milo" ( I don't know why, but they seem to call him that, maybe he plays semi-professionally perhaps?) made quite a few great saves and not to mention he has a tendency of getting into good positions to block shots and anticipate the game. I was quite amazed. He wasn't invincible, but he was 'chun'. After the game, I went back home, duh! Lol.

Well yea thats pretty much it. Today was quite a eventful day since this is the first time I've ever went futsal with my colleagues, it was like a step of faith in getting myself involved with these guys. They aren't exactly saints, but the are still very good people that I truly admire in some ways and am so blessed to be able to meet them and learn from them. And again I just want to wish Lisa a happy birthday!

To my loyal fans, thanks for reading and all the best!

No comments: