Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Genuine Review

I just found out today that frying an omelette is not easy.

Its one of those things I didn't realize I took for granted. This morning Mom was making a big breakfast (surprise surprise!) of omelettes and sausages. I offered to help her cook this time instead of being forced into it. And yes, I do get forced to help her cook.... Alot.

So I did have experience when it comes to frying eggs, which what an omelette really is. But normally I'd fry eggs with a non-stick pan which is easy-peasy. BUT this morning, Mom decided to show off her cooking skills and put mine to test. That is to fry an omelette/egg WITHOUT a non-stick pan.

Of course, Mom's omelette looked like one of those expensive things you get at a hotel breakfast.
And mine looked broken - the kind your family eats because they don't want to waste food. Why can't I do it with a non-stick pan? Less oil and screaming is involved when a non-stick pan comes into the picture.

Anyway! Yesterday night was spend with Jal, Pn. Doreen and Pn. Ernice to watch that play who bitchily made us go back the other day. It was also sold out this time! So thank God we booked tickets earlier.

However I'd dare say all that hassle was quite worth the effort. The play was surprisingly entertaining and very nice to watch (in a Malaysian kinda way). The best part is, most of the topics being discussed was close to home. So you could follow every joke and line because it's so local. I love that about the play.

And, as a bonus it was hilarious. Every scene there would be something to crack a joke or two. It's one of those things anyone can appreciate. They were also very creative with the props, using only a few white blocks and moving it around to change scenes. The actors move the props themselves, which adds a kind-off life into the play. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

If you're imagining a Phua Chu Kang thing after my review, you're getting the wrong picture. It's funny and Malaysian, but noooott Phuuuaaa Chuuuu Kannnggg.

Not to rub it in Cheeks, but you missed a good one =P

But just to make you feel better, .....you missed a good one lah.

What were you doing anyway? You really missed a good one leh.

Haha. Happy Easter to all celebrating it!

PS : You missed a good one lerh Cheeks! I'm such a nice friend aren't I?

No comments: