Monday, March 17, 2008

A Two and A Half Men outing with Pn.Doreen

Although Pn.Doreen has made it very clear that hanging out with a teacher on a Friday night is no life; the three of us still got together and went out with her last Friday.

The plan was to watch a play (I can't believe I don't remember what it was called) with her and have dinner before that. Dinner went very well. Went to TGI Fridays SS14. It was all very exciting for me, not so for the other two and our teacher, because I got to meet my ex-colleagues whom I've missed very much! You know I'm talking about you Sumitha! ALSO, I got to see my managers and Mr. James, whom without fail decided to kutuk me yet again.

Mr. James : Ooh congratulations Yong Ming on your SPM results!
Moi : Thanks Mr. James!
Mr. James : So how much did you pay for the As?
Moi : huh?
Mr. James : yeah what, they're selling cheap only rm5 per A in pasar malam
Moi : mr.james...
Mr. James : yeah what! how else you get those As.

Sigh. Mr. James you will always be Mr. James.

So thanks to encouraging ex-bosses like that, we stayed a little longer than planned for dinner.
I was the only sensible one in the car who was worried we couldn't get tickets because we were running slightly late. I mean, the play was to be held in KL Pac, which is somewhere in KL off Jalan Kuching. I know, not exactly the nearest place on Earth to get to from ss14.

After a dramatic ride in Bugsy (Pn. Doreen's lovely yellow Kelisa), we finally arrived in Kl Pac with 10 minutes to boot. I was elated we made it in time! But I wasn't very elated when Jal and Cheeks found out the play was sold out.

.. I was so so so so ready to curse at that very moment. Pn. Doreen pleaded with the lady to see if we could sit on the floor to watch the play (yes we were that desperate) but to no avail. There was no way we were getting in. The others took the dissapointment quite well, but I didn't. I kept complaining the whole way and it totally killed my mood. I was sulking to go home and sip on a cup of sad tea.

But Cheeks was still in the enthustiastic mood, so he made Pn. Doreen swerve into Mid Valley. He says we should catch a movie together or something and he can check out the rm 5 per-entry restroom in the Gardens while we were at it.

But yet again to our dismay, the movies were jam-packed and the toilets nowhere to be found. Yikes, it was a terrible outing for the Two and A Half Men with their teacher. Pn. Doreen then sent me home (yeah all the way in Bukit Jalil) and we finally had our cup of sad tea. They stayed at my place for about an hour or so, then went home.

So apart from dinner, everything else went awry. We're rescheduling to watch the play this Wednesday with Pn. Ernice as well this time.
THIS time we GOT tickets. HA take that KL PAC!

Drew looks at me,
I fake a smile so he won't see
That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be
I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about
And she's got everything that I have to live without
And there he goes, so perfectly, The kind of flawless I wish I could be
She'd better hold him tight, give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky...

-Taylor Swift, Teardrops on My Guitar.

I got to go to dinner now. Mom has cooked macaroni with chinese chicken soup (ching tong).
Omg.. sometimes this chef takes the western-and-eastern-food-fusion too far. Why can't we have plain old simple bolognese? I don't mind Prego =(

No comments: