Saturday, February 16, 2008

Nothing is over till its over!

Oh my oh my, today(15th feb) must have gotta be the most enlightening of days, or maybe I'm just taking the positive out of what seems to be a petty event that happened.

But as pathetic as it maybe, the wise words of my comrade in NS, the one and only Heart Break Kid himself, Sam Ye Han, rings through my mind. He said,

"Don't give up. Nothing is over till its over!"

and that is the lesson I learned today, rational perseverance.

How you ask?

Well one the words I would start things off with would be, dulan. Why? Well try losing 10 straight games of DOTA, each humiliatingly beaten in the most well humiliating way(one of which the opponents had rushed into our fountain and totally screwed it up and then camp inside our spawn point to wait for us to spawn out and feed as free kills, aka food). Well yea it was so bad till that point, ask Ming, he would give you the enthusiasm I lack to spice up this post. Like I said, 10 straight games. I was at a point of numbness, I didn't care I just wanted to spend my off day thats all lol, but yea it just had to happen. Nearing almost another losing game, I decided to take a bath, which I haven't took since 12pm the day before to so call "wash off the bad chi". After a stint in the shower, I came back rather refreshed and looking forward to get thrashed yet again.

After a some hassle in trying to join games since none of us could host, we finally got into the game and my oh my wasn't the host impatient, he( i assume is a he ) didn't even bother to do the usual countdown before starting the game. So bla bla loading screen and all, game starts. Not exactly the most exciting of heroes, KOTL. Bla bla I'll just skip to the good bit.

60 minutes into the game, was when the miracle started to happen. Fair enough both sides had 1 leaver each but it was clear the Sentinel were looking good to take the win. But some how, just somehow, I don't know how, we managed to defend. 4 racks down, 2 left with no tower protecting it, we were hanging by a thread. I was at point of simply spamming illuminate and nothing because I just felt so lost. But my teammates persevered so we had to.

10 minutes then passed. We still got our hands full with protecting the throne from wave after wave of maxed out creeps and not to mention once in a while a hero will slip in and cause extra havoc. It didn't help that most of them were pretty 'fat' already.

20 minutes passed. One really morale boosting incident happened whereby cheng hong double killed 2 heroes on their godlike spree, which meant 2k gold on the spot. We were having doubts and I even dare pop up the question whether if we could win? No one dared to give a reassuring answer, but hope was there. We defended superbly, we kept our game up and got ourselves fat as well. Ming amazed me with a really good built of his rooftrellen. It didn't help that when we decided to backdoor them, cheng hong died and dropped his divine rapier. Kudos to you mate, but he had enough moolah to make another one on the spot. Phew..

30minutes passed. This point we were just defending as if it were nothing. We had some difficulties in between but we managed. We persevered so much till the point that our opponents literally gave up. Yea, they gave up, seriously. We decided to push the final lane and destroy their tree and really they just gave up, they didn't defend at all. So.. we won....

Lol, I suppose 99% of this post probably sounds like gibberish to most of you. But I posted it either way because I think it describes perfectly the hurdles that one has to face when they are in troublesome circumstances. We were up against colossal odds, and similarly, in life ultimately, we would face impossible tasks that seem like it would break us. But let me tell you, if you are ever faced with such circumstances, don't give up, nothing is over till its over. The road ahead will always have some bumps hidden somewhere but its important that you pick yourself up and keep on going. I don't want to be hypocritical by saying maybe somethings are better to be just given up and moving on but you still have to be rational. As long as you stay as who you are, you will not lose sight of what is important, you'll know what's right.

It was great to have such great teammates like Hong, Ming Han and Ming who were also working their butts off, even when I literally gave up, their persistence was my inspiration to also keep going. This tells me that company is really important, good company. Family and friends are the perfect example. These are the precious gems in your life that keeps you going when you are down, even if you think that they may not be able to help, they could and if they are true, the WILL help so don't assume and pretend to be macho man by taking the world on by yourself.

I don't know really to what extend this post might help anyone. Some of you might be starting to get sucked into college life, cramming up all those assignments and meeting deadlines, maybe some are encountering even harder more harsher realities of life, don't give up, persevere, its worth it. Even maybe some of you maybe just doing just fine, but if one day you're even in shit, just remember don't give up.

Coming to the end of this post, my resolve is still rather shaky, but I understand that giving up shouldn't be an option, and you all should too. Giving your all is what counts. Even if means only 0.01% to the world, it counts, and if you gave your all, how could anyone asked anymore of you?

Thats for today, this is more than what I expected to post but I don't care really XD. Ming said this blog kinda feels like it only belongs to both of us ONLY, but I quickly reassure him that we would see Jit Yang back in action on the keyboards in a month's time so keep it tuned. Oh if you're wondering why I posted this before I posted anything about Valentine's day, its just because I had more steam about this than Valentine's so I decided to save it for next time. But as a sneak peek, I would describe Valentine's Day as.. I was right. It was definitely interesting but I'll save it for next time. Thanks for reading and God bless!

P.S : Think about it, if our opponents didn't give up as well, maybe they would have won instead? But then again if they did I wouldn't get to post this. An interesting food for thought no? Lol, digest slowly and don't forget to chew! ciao.

No comments: