Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hard disk failure

After this post, this blog would have seen two deaths, the first was Yong Ming's cat and the second, is my hard disk. Yes, I think my hard disk has lived out its remaining lifespan. It was already faulty a few months back but now it has become unaccessible, I hope not, indefinitely. I feel so stupid for not doing anything back then when I still could access it. Well actually I did, I disconnected the hard drive, but I didn't disconnect the power plug to it, so maybe because of that I had still give it room to deteriorate. I should have backed up at least my files when I had to chance to. Now its probably hopeless. Though it hasn't hit me yet, but I think there will be a day when it comes to me that I lost all of my most precious digital possession, that which by losing has a severe impact on my physical well being, they were that important, however like I said, it hasn't hit me yet so I don't know. I can only just hope and pray somehow I'll get an idea how to maneuver myself out of this mess.

I think since I'm already blogging I'll might as well update you all about the horror that was Valentine's Day.

I suppose it was "ok". Lol, surprised? Well I think it has a lot to do with how I approach it. I suppose I was quite prepared and didn't expect it to be anything less than hell so I suppose that kept my attitude and mood in check. But to describe the overall scene of that day, it was seriously horrific. It was jammed pack. Before 8pm, we were already full, top to bottom. We constantly got our hands full, at least for us who were at the topmost floor. Personally, I was so occupied that I didn't even have time to go check on drinks, set tables. I can only recall myself taking orders that night.

But of course on a night like that night, shit was bound to happen, and it most definitely did, but it was somehow not as worse as some other shits that happen before. This time, I wrote the wrong table number on the credit card slip. The result of this was that one table had their bill cleared without paying while the original bill for that customer has not been cleared yet. But that was settled and I hope it doesn't have any future repercussions. Another mistake was when I accidentally sent my colleague to a wrong table, which caused some trouble caused the kitchen has sent out the food already and I have absolutely no idea where they went or whether they had received it or not. But since there weren't any repercussions, I assumed it's settled, though I apologize to my manager,colleague and guests for the stupid mess ups.

Oh well that's all. Sorry if I disappointed those who were looking forward to a full page of complaints but what I typed out is the plain truth. I was surprised myself but overall it went quite well. My only disappointment was it didn't surpass the old record of RM29k++ made during one of the past years. So lol, thats it basically. Well if you don't mind I hope you guys could also pray for me and my hard disk as well, which I would deeply appreciate. Thank you so much for reading and the prayers if any, hope to see you all again soon.

No comments: