Friday, February 27, 2009

Atonement

Dearest Cecilia,
The story can resume,
The one I had been planning on that evening walk,
I can once again become the man who once crossed,
the Surrey park at dusk,

in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life;

The man, who, with the clarity of passion,
made love to you in the library.

The story can resume.

I will return,
I will find you, love you, marry you,
And live without shame,
I will return,
I will find you, love you, marry you,
And live without shame.

Wait for me Cee.

-excerpt; Robbie's lamentations to Cecilia.

so beautiful. the touch to Atonement is so out of this world: it is a love, all-consuming, real and defeated. i absolutely adore the movie.

and the lines-- so clever and articulate. cinematography very good as well, the sharp colours and tiny movements made by the actors.

James McAvoy and Keira make a pretty couple ;)

look at Keira's dress. the most beautiful thing-- she makes it her own by her skinny and tall frame (some people would call her the fugly rail) but just look at this dress! she makes skinny look bootylicious!

ahh. i love atonement.

2 comments:

arobotnamedlisa said...

made me cry like some cry-y thing.

this movie rules. :D

Ming Yong said...

bagus. i almost thought you had no heart.

isn't the dress tres' murder?