Friday, January 8, 2010

Capsicum 1

All of a sudden I had the urge to layan my tablet for the first time in don't know how long. I guess this is the first time I'm actually using it properly, and not just unpacking, installing it, draw a few lines and shove it aside for another 6 months.

This time around I've been more productive I guess. I thought I should train and get used to the tablet as it is quite hard. Not very used to it yet. This is what I came up with. I couldn't draw a figure cause it just ends up quite screwed up so I thought of the easiest thing to draw/paint, a capsicum! So here is it is,



I kinda like it. Compared to my real life paintings, i think this is better. But then the experience is different so its hard to compare but the steps and methods are the same I guess. Real life acrylic isn't as smooth as this I suppose. I used Corel Painter for this. I have to point out the lack of brush options for this as well so I made do with what I had.

Process...

1. Sketch (pencil)


2. Lighting study


3. Underpaint

4. Colour layer


5. Finishing

Well if you're not too enthusiastic about it because its not too realistic and too detailed, it is not suppose to be. It is meant to look somewhat accurate and realistic from a distance so yea, just to add a disclaimer/warning/explanation first haha. Did it quite fast I think, definitely not 4 hours.

No comments: