Saturday, January 24, 2009

Toilet Tantrum

I was doing my business. Number two if you have to know. I was reading the papers, namely The Star.

Now no one in my family reads The Star for actual news cause everyone knows that when a huge production body of the media can get its license revoked for crossing the government, it's not news, just advertisements.

All pro gov and nothing else. Biased. Prejudiced. Censored news is not news.

So, the only thing that keeps The Star from reaching my house is Calvin and Hobbes, Zits and if you're going to go all realistic, the underpaid paper uncle.

But today, whilst doing numero dos, after reading up on Calvin and his attempt from fleeing his mother and Zits - Zuma's 'un-glam' social security number. I thought I'll go dabble in the movie reviews.

It was for Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. This is what pissed me off (not literally, I had already done that), in the middle of the review this unprofessional writer, S.B Toh, gave us 5 paragraphs of HIS OPINION on the war in Israel and Palestine.

What. The. Hell. I literally closed the paper and washed my ass clean at that point (not with the newspaper mind).

It was dogmatic and infuriating. It was so unprofessional. Come on, when your job is to review and give your critique about a movie do just that, nobody wants to read your OPINION, not factual or objective statements mind you, normative ones.

It's Lycan (haha very punny)to, asking someone to pass the salt then get a lecture on your religious convictions or lack thereof.

He should be fired. Well, everyone at The Star who supports the censoring and government regulated media (as in, think it's an ideal system) should be fired or quit out of dignity. Especially so for this S.B Toh.

Go read it.

2 comments:

CK said...

I read The Star(online) mostly for sports news. Come on Arshavin! and a defender oh God please T_T

Ming Yong said...

ew. unglam lah. unglam! even the newspapers here are unglam. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW