Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's 'tidak stabil', not crazy, nor misery for that matter

So it's the second day of the Chinese Niu Year and I was very bored which then inconveniently turned into loneliness. So I decided to get in touch with the left-handedness in me by googling up 'left handed' just to know more about the whole left-handed community and probably some international rights that I, as a left-hander, am entitled to.

I don't know about you, but I believe all these nonsense about Wikipedia being an unreliable source from these rich-buttocked universities is a lie. I mean, what is there not to trust from a website that appears as the first or second link to 99.9% of your Google searches? It's a bloody miracle dammit.

So back to the whole left-handed thing, so I was reading,reading and then I came across a very interesting fact which automatically turns into a true fact due to my Wikipedia faith. It goes something like this :

"In 2007, researchers discovered LRRTM1, the first gene linked to increased odds of being left-handed. The researchers also found evidence that possessing one particular form of this gene slightly raises the risk of psychotic mental illnesses such as schizophrenia."

I believe that's the answer that you've been looking for Minggg.

So where does that leave me? In a very happy state. Now, for me, to be crazy is to be normal, which is oxymoronic, which is excellente! With this new found freedom, I feel like I have the confidence to take on the world again. =)

For those who don't know, just FYI, this is how a left hand looks like.

Hi-5!

Oh it doesn't stop there, apparently(also available in Wikipedia) :

"Exposure to higher rates of testosterone before birth can lead to a left-handed child."

How's that for size? ;)

No comments: