Monday, August 17, 2009

Errr...

"A "health curfew" may involve the closure of all schools and the cancellation of all public and social functions, medical sources said.

Public gathering places might also be temporarily closed."


Owh kay... This whole H1N1 shebang is getting out of hand to the point of being scary. The death toll has been rising quite rapidly for a supposedly "seasonal flu". According to this article on The Star, the government will issue an health curfew if the death toll rises above 0.4pc. I don't know what the heck it means but currently it is at 0.1% to 0.3% so it wont be too far away right?

I mean, closure of ALL and cancellation of ALL? I don't know about you but the word ALL seems to carry a lot of weight to me. I mean I'm imagining some kinda "I Am Legend" type of scenario even worse then the CNY exodus.

The effects of this decision scares me. The panic and fear among the people? The economy shutting down? Very big deal indeed. After reading the article (http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/8/17/nation/20090817103540&sec=nation) I can't help but to begin to have this awareness and sense of fear in me as well.

Not to mention the drug Tamiflu, which is the medication created to battle this flu hasn't been effective. I'm making this assumption based upon a couple in the UK gave their toddlers Tamiflu and they were vomitting until the point the couldn't vomit anything else other than phlegm. Not to mention the shortage and unwillingness for clinics to stock up the drug due to high price and low supply (http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/8/15/nation/4524157&sec=nation)

But I guess whatever it is, it is better to be careful. Take care everybody!

No comments: