Saturday, June 20, 2009

Level 2

9 hours+, straight.

Don't mind me, I'm just taking time off to just rant and pat myself on the back.

So far I've really learned that there is no shortcuts in the creative process, only mastering skills to improve your efficiency. The bottom line is, this stuff takes time, a lot of time. When I start on an assignment, I often see myself sitting there for 3 hours (minimum), occasionally fidgeting around and floating around the house. It's not just patience that you need, but vision, to be able to see the result in your mind, because sometimes even after 3 hours, you still might not physically see anything that resembles what you want, and that can be really demotivating.

With that said, I'm quite proud of myself so far. I've been completing my assignments and passing them up on time, which is a miracle I would think, comparing it to how I handled schoolwork in the past during school days. I see myself improving visibly on some assignments which is really encouraging and I've even got one of my paintings stucked on the wall of a hallway somewhere in college =D. There are times that I even consider restarting from scratch again to come up with a better quality work (e.g. the one above).

Hallelujah! for His sustenance and blessings so far because its not just about spending time, it's also sacrificing time a.k.a. sleeping time, to get things done. I'm really excited to show some physical pieces that I've done when I have the opportunity to take a picture of it and upload it.

Time to hit the hay, see you 2 around soon. Break all bones, Jit!

2 comments:

AstrayP03 said...

hmm...
looks sleeker, sharper...^^
what's vector and raster btw? :S

AstrayP03 said...

hmm...
looks sleeker, sharper...^^
what's vector and raster btw? :S